Re: Two Wharfs

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 15:27:40 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Marc Eisenbarth wrote:

> I'm trying to create another wharf bar, and I can't seem to follow the
> method presented in the Afterstep FAQ. Can anyone give me more specific
> directions and maybe an example wharf file?

First, _please_ tell me what's unclear in the FAQ, so that I can improve
it.  (You've looked at the latest FAQ, right?  I've tried to make this
clearer, but I don't know what people are finding confusing.)

You need two things:

1.	A second version of the Wharf binary, and one which does not start
out "Wharf".  So, "MyWharf" is fine, but "Wharf2" is not.  (Does anyone
know for sure if this is still true?)  A link from "MyWharf" to "Wharf"
will work.

2.	The relevant lines _in your ~G/L/A/wharf file_ for configuring the
second Wharf.  So, for stuff in MyWharf, you'd add lines starting with
"*MyWharf".

You'll likely also want to copy the line in your database that configures
the Wharf, and replace "Wharf" with "MyWharf".

                                   *  *  *
              Go to http://www.davidv.net/~ajsulliv/, or issue