Re: Afterstep with Solaris

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 12:20:53 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, Albert Dorofeev wrote:

> I do not know what you really mean but I do have a setup
> where my default X11 window manager is AS. At the same time
> you can switch to the CDE or anything else and it works just
> fine.
>
> > Has anyone installed afterstep co-exist with Solaris CDE, Openwin?

Yes, but I suspect that the question was partly whether AS can work with
CDE.  The short answer is, "Not really."  AS is not CDE aware.  Some
people have reported that some of the stuff that CDE does on the root
window, and some bits of CDE, will work with AS, but that was quite a
while ago (I believe it applied to v.1.0).  If anyone really knows the
answer, some clear direction would be very much welcome!

                                   *  *  *
  Go to http://www.afterstep.org/help.html to find the AfterStep FAQ file