Re: Uhg- Yet another problem

Benjamin J. Tracy (tracy@wsicorp.com)
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 17:06:34 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Matthew S. Anderson wrote:

> Great- I'm glad it's not serious! But as for the 2nd one, how do I get rid of
> those designations?

Those messages simply indicate that you have an old version of the
offending program (in this case gpm, the mouse program for the console).
You could either upgrade your version of gpm, or just deal with the
message.  Basically the error isn't saying that something is broken, it's
just a warning that Real Soon Now (probably kernel version 2.3+) something
is going to change in the kernel to break that program.  I wouldn't worry
too much about it for now, particularly if you don't stay on the bleeding
edge when it comes to development kernels, as it will probably be at least
a year before the next stable kernel rev (2.4) comes out with the change
that will break that version of gpm.

Ben