RE: Something to be added to the wish list.

Richard Rose (richard.rose@zen.co.uk)
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:59:21 -0000

> On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Richard Rose wrote:
>
> The idea is this:
> When an application loses focus, after a set time, it fades to glass.

I am not sure I completely understand what you mean by "fades to
glass".
Suppose I have a couple of xterms open that are white on black.  Would
the
entire window be clear with some faint outline... or would the
background
go clear?

I sat down and thought about it last night. If you have an xterm, as
suggested, when you hit the minimise button, instead of shrinking and
moving to the rest of the icons of the minimised applications, it fades
into the background, leaving only a thin white outline of the widgets
contained within it, similar to the edges of cut glass.

If the first, wouldn't it be annoying to not be able to read
the other window after x amount of time?

Yup, hence the rethink ;-)#

If the later, I think it would need to some communication between the
app and the wm.

Yes, it would. I think I outlined what would need to be done in my last
e-mail.

Richard Rose  -  Network Consultant  -  Zen Internet
Richard.Rose@zen.co.uk  -  http://www.zen.co.uk/home/page/richard.rose