Re: Start menu help

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 03:33:10 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999 paul@javagrounds.com wrote:

> I'm trying to customize my AfterStep so I copy everything from
> /usr/local/shared/afterstep to my ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep
> directory and now my start menu has no other listings. When I left click, I
> get just a single menu that says start.
> I'm using RH5.2 and AfterStep 1.6.10-1. What I'm I doing wrong? Any
> appreciated.

Make sure you copied the whole directory if that's what you wanted -
sounds like you only got the toplevel directory.

cp -r /usr/local/share/afterstep/start ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep

To update the startmenu without using the startmenu, do:

rm ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/non-configurable/startmenu

... and restart AfterStep.

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com