Re: Aterm 0.3.3

mark (mdkirby@blazenet.net)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 22:30:18 -0500

Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us wrote:

> >I just upgraded aterm from .2 to .3, and now whenever I use a transparent
> >aterm to highlight, or whatever, it doesn't reverse it, it's just all
> >white.  I changed the -tint -bg blue to -tint blue to get it to tint it
> >properly, but that broke the text.  It's especially annoying in Pine.
>
> You can try playing with background /foreground colors, like so :
>
> -fg green -bg black
>
> But I'll try to see if this is a bug
> >Alex Harford                            Alcohol and calculus don't mix.
>
> Sasha
>
> --
>    WWW:   http://www.afterstep.org/
>    FTP:   ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/

I had a similar? problem with  the forground/background/tint switches when I
upgraded aterm from 3.0 to 3.3.

Previous command line resulted in white bg and black fg:

aterm  -fg cyan -tr -tint -bg Red -title Storch.Net &

When I placed the -fg, -bg & -tr was placed at the end, aterm worked fine:

aterm -title Storch.Net -fg cyan -tr -tint -bg Red &

The man page gave the impression that switch order didn't matter.  Hopefully
this can help someone out.

Mark

P.S.---Many thank you's to the AfterStep development crew and AS app creators
for a great wm.