Re: A bug in WinList since AS 1.7.37?

Zero Piraeus (zero@piraeus.force9.co.uk)
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 06:19:21 +0000

Hey:

> On 25 Feb, Rafal Wierzbicki wrote:
> >
> >  [...] if there any suggestions as to
> >  what WinList should look like, do, etc please let me know.

how about displaying the items like this:
+-----------+-----------------------------+--------+
|   aterm   |   Netscape: AfterStep FAQ   |   VI   |
+-----------+-----------------------------+--------+

rather than like this:
+----------------+----------------+----------------+
|      aterm     |e: AfterStep FAQ|       VI       |
+----------------+----------------+----------------+

and maybe some indication of which window has the focus.

I would also like to be able to define the colours [and ideally
widths] of the shadow/hilight elements of the 3D effects in the
"winlist" config file [rather than have them calculated from the
background colour]. This is because I'm using pixmaps to fake
translucent effects in 8bpp - I've no idea whether anybody else has
any use for these features.

Similarly, it would be nice to be able to define the height of the
winlist, rather than have the font size determine it.

I want the moon onna stick, I do.

Oh, and since this is a delurk, I'd better say:

AfterStep's great, lovely and everything KDE isn't. Thankyou, all you
smashing coders.

 -[z].

--
[=-                     Zero Piraeus
[=-     Evolving faster than the common cold