Re: A bug in WinList since AS 1.7.37?

Steve Charters (charters@ferndown.tt.slb.com)
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 08:54:06 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Rafal Wierzbicki wrote:

> It is a bug in WinList, the module is going through some radical changes,
> so please bear with me.  Another thing is, if there any suggestions as to
> what WinList should look like, do, etc please let me know.

I came up with some things that I've played with locally. Such as:
TruncateToFit = buttons are only as big as they need to be.
MaxTextWidth = max size of a button (to stop things like Netscape taking
up the whole bar)
AllowedCharecters = what chars outside of A-z0-9 are allowed in button
texts. (can be All)
AllowSpace = Allow spaces in button names.

I have a horizontal bar at the bottom of my desktop (a bit like Win95
I'm sorry to say) and so all of these ideas were to limit the size of
buttons or make them more explanatory. I guess most of them don't make
much sense in vertical lists.

If you like any of these ideas and want to include them let me know.

Steve