Re: Newbie w/ Afterstep 1.6.10-1

Coplan (coplan@thunder.ocis.temple.edu)
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 12:47:14 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Will James Childress wrote:

> pico .xinitrc
>
> where all that is in there is
>
> afterstep
>
> , so I have changed that with FVWM , so I can use the net, but where is
> this command file, so I can make Afterstep work, or what should I do now
> to get it to work.

Did startx give you a messages stating that it couldn't find afterstep?
If that's the case, it may just not be in your path.  I had that problem a
while back myself (I'm useing Redhat 5.2), so I had to add it to my path.
Either that, or you can give the full path when you call afterstep in the
.xinitrc.

Coplan			  		/"\
------					\ / 	ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Immortal Coil.Tracking			 X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
					/ \