Re: Afterstep is alive, It's Alive!!

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 14:43:47 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Will James Childress wrote:

> Ok , I do not know how to change the path, like the both of you
> suggested. I am only 3 weeks into Linux.

Go to

	http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP

and look for the _Installation and Getting Started Guide_.  (You may
actaully have this in your cd-rom from your installation, but whatever.)
That document will explain some of the fundamental concepts that you need
to understand in order effectively to use Linux.  Because the *NIX world
is fundamentally different from the DOS/MS world, you'll need these basic
concepts in order to understand at all why things work differently under
Linux.

> Can't open /usr/share/afterstep/backgrounds/black.xpm
> Can't open /usr/share/afterstep/feels/autoraise

Are the files there?  Do you have permission to look at them (if you don't
know what "permission" means in this context, you need to go read
_GettingStarted_, as I suggested above).

                                   *  *  *
  Go to http://www.afterstep.org/help.html to find the AfterStep FAQ file