Re: A few config questions from an AfterStep neophyte

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 14:48:17 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Josh Glover wrote:

> 1) Is there any way to turn off the mouse wraparound feature?

Yes.  You do this in the feel.{whatever you're using} file.  The mouse is
not actually "wrapping", it's going to another screen on the desktop.  You
want to set EdgeResistance very high, and (more importantly) you want to
set EdgeScroll to "0".

> 2) Can one run the Pager and Wharf but have them not on top of other
> windows?

Yes.  In your database file, set these modules' styles to "StaysOnBack".

> 3) How do you browse your directories and files in the GUI?  I found a
> File Manager menu option in Applications/Office, but it doesn't do
> anything

Well, I use an xterm and "ls", but you might want to use one of the
various file managers.  I have found TkDesk to be rather nice (I _always_
used it under AS 1.0), but you might like other ones.  There is no "built
in" file manager.  You've left the MS world, and so you're not forced to
use any one tool for a given job.  If you _want_ such integration, you'll
likely want to try either KDE or GNOME.

                                   *  *  *
  Go to http://www.afterstep.org/help.html to find the AfterStep FAQ file