Re: tkstep no longer needed?

David Mihm (davemann@ionet.net)
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:18:51 -0600 (EST)

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Bruce Richardson wrote:

> After all that I see the latest version of ascp no longer uses tkstep?
>  *#&%!!  Is there any benefit to installing it, then, from an AS point of
> view?
>
> Also, any issues with upgrading to gtk+ 1.2 ?

	TkStep is good for apps the use tk, like tkirc, tkdiff, tkapache,
etc; but I would *highly* suggest using gtkstep.  Gtkstep is a partial
code replacement to gtk utilizing a *real* NeXTSTEP replacement look.
Don't be fooled by the gtk step theme, it is crap and does *NOT* "look"
anything like NeXTSTEP, as it only changes the look and not the actual
dimensions and widgets.
	Saying allthis, gtkstep does not appear to be out (hopefully just
not yet) for gtk 1.2.x.  So there you have it - my &0.02.

| davemann-at-ionet-dot-net                    reboot universe(y,n)? |
| [www|ftp].the-site.loonybin.net                         ICQ:906859 |
| webmaster-at-afterstep-dot-org      ftpmaster-at-afterstep-dot-org |
  Key fingerprint  = E4 90 15 ED E5 9F 18 8A B0 CC FF 68 61 36 4A 6F