Re: Buttons

Coplan (coplan@thunder.ocis.temple.edu)
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 16:50:22 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Ed Barth wrote:

> My question is about the buttons on the right side of the AfterStep
> desktop.  Can anyone tell me how to add to them, configure them, change
> them, use them...  Is there a how-to or any other document concerning
> these buttons.  This does not seem to be addressed in the AfterStep FAQ.

The button bar on the right is called the "Wharf."  Knowing that alone
will allow you to find almost all the information you need.  But, since
I'm here...you need to edit the "wharf" file (located in your afterstep
directory).  You'll see once you start editing the file how it works.  For
the most part, entrys start with "*wharf".  You'll get real good examples
of how folders, and programs work in it.  It's well documented within the
file itself (It's all REM'd out and all).

> I realize this must sound trivial but it's not like there's an
> "AfterStep Unleashed" out there.

Not likely.  (I would bet that it doesn't exist at all).  Unlike general
topics like Linux Unleashed, or Turbo C-Shell Unleased, or the like,
Afterstep is a very specific program that is privately under development.
Fellow afterstep users, don't yell at me for this...but the following is
true.  Afterstep is used by a limited number of linux users.

Coplan			  		/"\
------					\ / 	ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Immortal Coil.Tracking			 X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
					/ \