Re: About The StartMenu

Damien McIntosh (citecdam@citec.qld.gov.au)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 09:27:03 +1000

To the list,

I too need to change the foreground color of nxterm from the
non-configurable startmenu.

I need to run X at 8bit color due to exporting Firewall policy editors
to my desktop. The foreground color for nxterm is set at peachpuff. Go
figure!

However I have limited colors and this is stuffing up the exported
display. I need to set the fg color to white.

So how can you change the non-configurable startmenu?
I know you can set up your own entries for terminals in start dir of
~/G/L/A/start but then the entries for terminals appear at the bottom of
the startmenu not in the middle with the other terminal entries from the
non-configurable section.

I was going for a clean look to the menu. I have enough entries on it as
it is.

So any ideas?

BTW I'm runing RedHat 5.2 on intel, with all errata installed. I believe
the version of AfterStep is the one that comes standard with RedHat.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Damien

New World Society wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I've been trying to change the way the Terms Load Into My Desktop. I'd
> like to set the parameters -fn 10x20 at the terms but when i change the
> file ~/G/L/A/non-configurable/startmenu, nothing happens with the
> terminals, and when i restart the file is unchanged.
>
> What Can I Do?
>
> --
>    WWW:   http://www.afterstep.org/
>    FTP:   ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/

Damien McIntosh
UNIX / Internet Systems Administrator
CITEC - Distributed Systems Management Unit
E-Mail - citecdam@citec.qld.gov.au
Views and opinions expressed here are mine and not my employer's.