Re: Upgrading to AfterStep 1.6.10?

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 18:43:01 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Damien McIntosh wrote:

> Currently the afterstep dir is in /usr/share/afterstep. I believe the
> rpm package places this into /usr/local/share/afterstep.

That's right.

> How do I upgrade using the RPM package? I don't want to lose any of the
> startmenu entries that I have added.

If you want things to go under /usr rather than /usr/local (putting under
/usr is apparently the way RPM is designed), then you should rebuild the
RPM (get the rpm-src file) and set it so that it installs under /usr.  If
you don't know how to do that, read your documentation for RPM.

                                   *  *  *
  Go to http://www.afterstep.org/help.html to find the AfterStep FAQ file