Re: AfterStep 1.6.10-1 Backgrounds question / problem

cajun (cajun@tdl.com)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 23:49:05 +0000

I know what you're referring to as it 'used' to be in my start menu.
Last night shortly before sending this message, I 'updated my start
menu' and  it blew away the start menu that I liked and now I have some
start menu that I can't for the life of me figure out where it is coming
from.

I understand that /usr/X11R6/bin/RunWM over-writes everything in
$HOME/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep each time X is started with the
following two lines:

    mkdir -p $HOME/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep
    wmconfig --output=afterstep --directories  2>/dev/null

Somewhere on DejaNews I found an article that said to create ~/.Xclients
with the following line to 'bypass' this functionality:

exec /usr/local/bin/afterstep

Didn't work for me.  I'm still stuck with the undesireable menu from
Hell !

Man, am I confused trying to unravel the RH modifications.....

Mike