Re: AfterStep 1.6.10-1 Backgrounds question / problem

Coplan (coplan@thunder.ocis.temple.edu)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:19:06 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, cajun wrote:

> I just upgraded RH5.2 version of AfterStep to AfterStep 1.6.10-1.  After
> finally getting the RedHat "modifications" resolved, my custom
> backgrounds that I've copied to /usr/local/share/afterstep/backgrounds
> no longer works.  The original custom files there were .jpg files.  They
> do not appear in the menus at all.  I've tried converting the files to
> .xpm files, with no luck at all.

Did you update your start menus?  I can't remember what the default folder
was set to, but it is in your start menu somewhere (I think it's under
desktop, though I could be wrong).  Just a simple restarting of Afterstep
won't automatically update your start menus.

Coplan			  		/"\
------					\ / 	ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Immortal Coil.Tracking			 X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
					/ \