Re: transparent aterm

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 02:44:35 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, Coplan wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Ed Barth wrote:
>
> > Can someone tell me how to make aterm pseudo traansparent.  The man page
> > says that you have to build it with the -enable transparency option.
> > What does that mean, build.
> >
> If you got the static binary (already compiled), then you need not worry.
> However, if you got the source code...there's a part in the installation
> project where you need to configure it.  In this case, the command would
> be something like:
>
> ./configure --enable-transparency
>
> Then you would compile the program.  It's all in the readme files and the
> installation files.

Actually, in aterm (0.3.4, at least) transparency is enabled by default,
contrary to what the man page says.  Background image support must be
enabled at compile time, though.

For the original poster, in this context "build" means "compile".

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com
http://members.xoom.com/allanon1