Re: New feature proposal

Doug Alcorn (alcornd@earthlink.net)
21 Mar 1999 19:12:20 -0500

Andre Oliveira da Costa <costa@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> writes:

> can't remember how far it went, but here's my proposal: what if we could
> change the foreground color on unfocused aterms? This way we could set
> it to a darker color, for example, to keep unfocused windows from
> getting as much attention as the focused one.

This would be cool.  However, it would be tricky interaction between
the WM and aterm.  I don't think the term itself (correct me, Ethan or
Sasha, if I am wrong) knows when it has focus or not.  This would then
probably involve another X atom (or property) to tell which aterm had
focus so that it could re-mask the window.

Anyone else want to comment on it?

--
 (__)  Doug Alcorn
 oo /  alcornd@earthlink.net