Re: Status of the FAQ

Coplan (coplan@thunder.ocis.temple.edu)
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 23:25:30 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 21 Mar 1999, Greg Anderson wrote:

> FAQ suggestion from a newbie.
> It would be helpful if the FAQ was broken up into sections
> that applied to each version of AfterStep.  As new users
> come up to speed, they only really need to know FAQs
> pertaining to the release of AfterStep they have loaded on
> their systems.  This would greatly reduce the verbiage one
> has to skim through to get at the nuggets of info that
> explains x y or z-whatever to the interested new user.
> This means a person can come up to speed faster on tweaking
> there copy of AfterStep.

Unless I misunderstand...I would have to disagree with you there.  First
of all, FAQs tend to be something that really only applies to Newbies.
Not that new features no longer baffle long-time users...rather they have
different methods of solving problems.  I will admit, I havn't looked at
an Afterstep FAQ for a very long time.  REally serious problems that come
up anymore aren't answered there anyhow.  I gotta ask the gurus.  =)

Coplan			  		/"\
------					\ / 	ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Immortal Coil.Tracking			 X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
					/ \