RE: app-defaults

Dave LaMothe (dlamothe@generation.net)
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 23:27:02 -0500 (EST)

On 22-Mar-99 Bruce Richardson wrote:
> If I put
>
> Aterm*transparent:    true
>
> in ~/.Xdefaults, I get a transparent aterm.  I just can't get it to work
> in /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults/aterm.  What's the syntax for that, anyone?

I should probably know better than to try and answer this but I'm a curious
about the app-defaults directory myself.

First, aterm 0.3.3 did not install anything in my app-defaults dir. Does an app
need to be built/designed with this functionality? Second, every file in
app-defaults begins in upper case, and case being important, would it be ATerm
or Aterm? I have XTerm as well as NXterm in there. In the latter two files, all
entries omit the program name and start with the asterisk. So you would have
simply *transparent:  true. But given my doubts mentionned above, I have my
doubts that this will work. So you can wait 'till someone competent answers, or
spend 15 minutes or "trial & error".

Dave.

21-Mar-99
23:27:02