Re: Pager Edge Resistance?

Josh Glover (jmglov@mail.wm.edu)
Wed, 03 Mar 1999 11:14:45 -0500

"Alan W. Jurgensen" wrote:

> hiya,
>
> i'm a new member to mailing list...

Welcome.

> Been using AfterStep WM, it's awesome!
> Is there anyway to tweak the Pager's edge resistance? When mouse
> cursor is near screen edge, it jumps you into next workspace...
> I'd like to increase the time before it does that, or maybe even
> turn it off if possible...

I just went through this, so here is how to do it:

1) Make a backup of the feel that you use (ie PureNext or Windowish or
MacOS8).  The feel files are in GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/feel and are
named feel.XXX where XXX is the name of the feel.
2) Edit the feel and change the line EdgeScroll 100 100 (this may be
slightly different, depending) to EdgeScroll 0 0  This will stop the
workspace scrolling entirely.
3) If your feel is messed up, restore the backup and try to figure out
what happened (this happened to me once...)

Good luck!
-Josh