Re: some bugs in v 1.7.75

ebi@ozob.net)
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:15:02 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, David Mihm wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 ebi@ozob.net wrote:
>
> ! Bugs:
> !
> ! I can't drag a window above the bottom of the wharf either.
>
> 	I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say here.  Check
> into the database entry you have for your Wharf, and make the appropriate
> additions/substitutions/deletions in conjunction with the man page for
> afterstep.  Look into AvoidCover/AllowCover & Layer &
> StaysOnTop/StaysPut/StaysOnBack etc.

Bug in Gene v1.0.

> ! interprets them as #00a2a1 #006261 which give a turquoise gradient so it
> ! is dropping the r of rgb.
>
> 	Make sure you are using the latest look.Nextish that came with the
> 1.7.75 release - all looks are typically updated with each new snapshot to
> be fully compatible with new/changed features.  I made all the look
> changes, and can verify that the look.Nextish works.
> 	Possible a video problem - 8bpp or color-corection etc.  Open
> either a color.tcl or xcolorsel and verify you can see this color
> corectly.

Yes I am using the look.Nextish supplied with v1.7.75. However the other
looks seem to work ok. I have verified the colors with rgbsel.

> ! I also use autoraise but the window in focus doesn't always autoraise. If
> ! you focus another window and then go back it will autoraise.
>
> 	Unfortunately, the AutoRaise function in the feel is a neglected
> function - any takers?  You currently need to pass the mouse over/in the
> Title area for the window to acquire focus.  This is possibly the reason
> it works on the second pass - you have tagged this area.

My opinion, autoraise is the single best feature of AS.

A large part of my confusion is that it is hard to keep up with the new
features of each release which fundamentally change the operation of AS.

Thanks for the help.

::::: Gene Imes			     http://www.ozob.net :::::