Re: Quick Question (I hope)

Coplan (coplan@thunder.ocis.temple.edu)
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 03:07:01 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, D Bailey wrote:

> Anyone that is not rpm , as rpm is redhats package manager
> Oddysey

This is not true.  RPMs work on other systems as well.  I'm not sure if
Slackware supports it, but if you have rpm software stock with your
system, I imagine you can use them.  MAke sure that you get one that suits
your processor type and OS type (linux, unix, etc).

Debian and SuSE handle rpms very well...so it isn't just for redhat
anymore.  I would still recommend installing form source, because it tends
to do a better job IMHO (even on pure redhat systems).

Cheers,

Coplan                                  /"\
------                                  \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Immortal Coil.Tracking                   X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
                                        / \