Re: libjpeg problem

Dave Taira (bodhi@foad.org)
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 12:19:00 -0800 (PST)

Doug Alcorn <alcornd@earthlink.net> wrote:

> On another note, I am not sure what the --with-jpeg-library really
> does.  I don't know if it is expecting the directory of libjepg or the
> actual library (ie, /u/tcl/usr/lib/libjpeg...).

It's expecting the directory. I've compiled AS a few times on Solaris
boxen, and if I'm not root, I end up installing the xpm and jpeg libs
in $HOME/lib, the includes in $HOME/include, and for AS, doing

  ./configure --prefix=$HOME --with-xpm-library=$HOME/lib \
  --with-xpm-include=$HOME/include --with-jpeg-library=$HOME/lib \
  --with-jpeg-include=$HOME/include

Oh, and I've got LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$HOME/lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib"
plus whatever else is the norm for that environment.

Dave Taira     | Broken pipes, broken tools, people bending broken rules /   |
Hired Gun      | Hound dog howlin', bullfrog croakin' / Everything is broken |
bodhi@foad.org | --Bob Dylan, "Everything is Broken"                         |