Re: Connecting to ISP?

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 17:40:32 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Ed Barth wrote:

> I am very new to Linux (less than 1 week, but already very impressed)
> and I want to know how to dial my ISP from AfterStep.  Is there a
> documented procedure somewhere (anywhere) that will show me how to
> connect from within AfterStep?

Anything you can do from the command line, you can do from within AS.
Just use an xterm (or any other *term).

If you are looking to use the various tools provided in some versions of
the AS-apps, you should make sure that you've already set up your dial-up
connection, then use the tools according to the docs (man [name of app]).

                                   *  *  *
  Go to http://www.afterstep.org/help.html to find the AfterStep FAQ file