Re: Connecting to ISP?

Coplan (coplan@thunder.ocis.temple.edu)
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 00:16:04 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Ed Barth wrote:

> I am very new to Linux (less than 1 week, but already very impressed)
> and I want to know how to dial my ISP from AfterStep.  Is there a
> documented procedure somewhere (anywhere) that will show me how to
> connect from within AfterStep?

You'll actually want to check out the PPP-HowTo.  That isn't actually a
thing native to AFterstep (which really just manages your XFree86 windows
and the such).  The PPP-HowTo will help you get what you need.  If you
have a copy of Linux on CD, most distributions will already have it on
there somewhere.  (SuSE allows you to install it from YAST, I'm not sure
where everyone else keeps it).  If you don't have the CDs, you can grab it
from your favorite FTP site that supports Linux.  Specific servers...sorry
can't give you those at the moment. I'm at home, and won't be at my
computer for quite some time (I don't live here anymore)

Coplan			  		/"\
------					\ / 	ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Immortal Coil.Tracking			 X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
					/ \