Re: [Announcement] New AfterStep web site design

David Taylor (n9506769@scholar.nepean.uws.edu.au)
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 13:09:36 +1100

David Mihm wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Huaiyu Zhu wrote:
>> Now everyone tells me it's aterm on that page.
>> Did my eyes fool me or is the font so different?
>> It surely shows XTerm. The page is

> You are correct, it does say Xterm, and my apologies for saying
> the title was 'aterm' when it indeed was 'XTerm'.  While I didn't make
> this screenshot, I can only assume what the actual app is.  My guess is
> that it is either xiterm (using a pixmap the same as the root background);
> Eterm with either pixmap or transpareny; rxvt with pixmap; wterm with
> pixmap or trnasparency; or aterm with pixmap or transparency.
>         Hope that clears things up.

Actually, David and Huaiyu, I think it is none of the above.  If you
notice the arrow pointing to the part of the image you're talking about
... it is shaded, which simply means the part where you would normally
write is rolled up into the title bar.  NONE of the Xterms on that page
seem to be transparent.

However, if you want this feature I suggest using aterm with the -tr
option.

Regards,
David Taylor (aka KnetRider)