Re: patching...

Coplan (coplan@thunder.ocis.temple.edu)
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 21:04:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, David Mihm wrote:

> 	All patches are known to apply cleanly to the base snapshot tree,
> when applied in sequential order.  I suggest you unarchive the tarball
> again, mv the patches to this directory, start the patching by:
>
> # gzip -cd 1.7.75-*.patch.gz | patch -p1
>
> If you have files that aren't gzip'd, use:
>
> # cat 1.7.75-*.patch | patch -p1
>
> 	If this doesn't work for you , verify that the file type correctly
> matches the extension.

I get an error like this:

<snip>
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff -N -u -r AfterStep-current/lib/parser.c
AfterStep-current-2/lib/parser.c
|--- AfterStep-current/lib/parser.c     Fri Mar 19 11:49:17 1999
|+++ AfterStep-current-2/lib/parser.c   Mon Mar 22 16:27:41 1999
--------------------------
File to patch:
<snip>
The thing is...parser.c doesn't exist...only parse.c  When I suggest to
patch that, I get this error:

<snip>
Hunk #1 FAILED at 244.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to ./lib/parse.c.rej
patching file `src/WinList/WinList.c'
patching file `src/WinList/WinList.h'
/lib/parse.c: No such file or directory
<snip>

What gives?

Coplan                                  /"\
------                                  \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Immortal Coil.Tracking                   X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
                                        / \