Re: Pager

Greg Anderson (Nifft@FutureRealms.com)
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 00:29:48 -0400

David Mihm wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Greg Anderson wrote:
>
> ! Ethan wrote:
> ! >
> ! > On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Greg Anderson wrote:
> ! >
> ! > > Doug Alcorn wrote:
> ! > > >
> ! > > > I think the impasse was that he doesn't want to have to give Pager
> ! > > > focus in order to Raise it.  So maybe in the feel file, we could have
> ! > > > winman commands to give modules focus, then call the normal raise.
> ! > > >
> ! > >
> ! > > Yes, exactly. That would do it.  Sorry for the delay in responding to these
> ! > > messages.  Was away for a while:)
> ! >
> ! > Then I have another suggestion. :)  Would you be willing to bind a mouse
> ! > action to the Raise function (probably with a modifier)?  ie,
> ! >
> ! > # Raise window when the right mouse button is clicked while holding meta
> ! > Mouse 3         FSW     M       Raise
> ! >
> ! > ----
> ! > Ethan Fischer
> !
> ! How would that help me raise the pager when it is buried under other
> ! open windows?   I want to be able to pop the pager to the foreground
> ! when it is under other open windows.
>
>         Everyone sems to be missing the point that if it's hidden you
> can't really click on it. :)  I think I did as well.  My advice would be -
> if it's constantly running, edit it's entry in the database file and
> remove the WindowListSkip option.  This way, it will always be available
> from a root/middle (or right) mouse click.  I suppose you don't want it to
> be set to AvoidCover, which would keep it ontop. :)

Yes this works fine.  As long as there is a chunk of root window showing
I can now press my middle mouse button, get a WindowList and select the
pager.  I imagine I can do the same for Wharf.  Course, it still would be
nice to be able to bind the pager and Wharf to a couple of keys so I
could pop them up from the keyboard.  Just the same, your work around
goes a long way towards the functionality I am seeking.  Thank you.

--

Greg Anderson
http://www.FutureRealms.com/