Re: SuSE 6.0 & Afterstep

Andre Pang (andre@drizzt.mindflux.com.au)
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 20:26:19 +1000

On Sat, Apr 10, 1999 at 09:53:23AM +0200, Alain BURET wrote:

> I'm not a linux newbiiii, but i'm new with SuSE & Afterstep, and I would
> like to know how to configureit ... under SuSE, you are supposed to use
> susewm, but it doesn't allow to "really configure" Afterstep ... so, is
> there a document explaining how to do ?

    I'm running SuSE 6.0 & AfterStep 1.7.90.

    If you want to use susewm to configure Afterstep - go right ahead,
except that I don't think it supports any of the newer features.  I've never
used susewm myself, so I don't know.  I just compiled Afterstep (worked
perfectly here) and ran it like you would on any other unix box.

    As for documentation, see www.afterstep.org - that should have
everything you need, or even better, 'man afterstep' :).

    If you need more help compiling it/setting it up, email me back.

    - #ozone