Musical Libraries; was Segmentation Fault

D. Cooper Stevenson (coopers@proaxis.com)
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 22:15:21 -0700

What I did'nt tell you is that I attempted to install the latest version of
libXpm without first checking out what I could trample with the existing
Libraries. Over the week or so working with AfterStep, I had forgotten that
I did so. I wrecklessly linked libXpm.so.6 to libXpm.so.6.10, removing it's
link to libXpm.so.6.7! When AfterStep went out to compile it's libraries,
It found a "libXpm.so.6" alright. Unfortunately, the new library *seems* to
have caused trouble.

Special thanks to Sasha Vasko and Andrew Sullivan for they're input. Andrew
kind of laid down the law about compiling AfterStep while Sasha's comments
encouraged me to take another crack at it.

The features in AfterStep 1.6.10 are well worth the effort. A Windows
developer told me last night that if I could present a workable Java IDE
that she would take the plunge!

Thanks Again,

D. Cooper Stevenson