Re: Emacs C-v breaks under RedHat 5.2 AS

Jack Orenstein (jao@mediaone.net)
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 11:19:18 -0400

Alexy Khrabrov wrote:

> Greetings --
>
> I installed Red Hat Linux 5.2, which comes with
> AfterStep.  You can switch to it when you want to
> quit fvwm, for example.
>
> Everything looks and feels just great, except a
> strange quirk occurs in Emacs.  C-v, universally
> used for PgDn, stops working.  (Since it's a PC,
> the separate PgDn key still can be used.)  It's
> very annoying if you usually work on Unix without
> PgDn and/or just got used to C-v/M-v for page
> scrolling in Emacs.

C-v/M-v work for me.

But I can't figure out how to get C-<arrow> to
work in emacs (for arrow = left, right, up, down).
Instead, afterstep appears to interpret these
combinations as virtual desktop commands.

Alexy, do you want to trade .emacs, ~/GNUStep/...
and .X* files, to try and figure out both problems?

Jack Orenstein