Re: Emacs C-v breaks under RedHat 5.2 AS

James McCulloch (jaymz@jaycom.net.au)
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 04:08:27 +0000

Jack Orenstein wrote:

> Alexy Khrabrov wrote:
> >
> > Greetings --
> >
> > I installed Red Hat Linux 5.2, which comes with
> > AfterStep.  You can switch to it when you want to
> > quit fvwm, for example.
> >
> > Everything looks and feels just great, except a
> > strange quirk occurs in Emacs.  C-v, universally
> > used for PgDn, stops working.  (Since it's a PC,
> > the separate PgDn key still can be used.)  It's
> > very annoying if you usually work on Unix without
> > PgDn and/or just got used to C-v/M-v for page
> > scrolling in Emacs.
>
> C-v/M-v work for me.
>
> But I can't figure out how to get C-<arrow> to
> work in emacs (for arrow = left, right, up, down).
> Instead, afterstep appears to interpret these
> combinations as virtual desktop commands.

Both your problems are in the feel.WHATEVER file, most likely
feel.DEFAULT at the bottom are all the key bindings, where you will
most likely find ctrl-v bound to PasteSelection and ctrl-arrowkey to a
Desk ? ? command.

Happy commenting,
	- Jaymz