Re: Emacs C-v breaks under RedHat 5.2 AS

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 17:37:36 +0200

On Sun, Apr 11, 1999 at 11:19:18AM -0400, Jack Orenstein wrote:
> Alexy Khrabrov wrote:
> >
> > Everything looks and feels just great, except a
> > strange quirk occurs in Emacs.  C-v, universally
> > used for PgDn, stops working.  (Since it's a PC,
> > the separate PgDn key still can be used.)  It's
> > very annoying if you usually work on Unix without
> > PgDn and/or just got used to C-v/M-v for page
> > scrolling in Emacs.
>
> C-v/M-v work for me.
>
> But I can't figure out how to get C-<arrow> to
> work in emacs (for arrow = left, right, up, down).
> Instead, afterstep appears to interpret these
> combinations as virtual desktop commands.

Keyboard mappings are controlled by the "feel" file.
Have a look at what mappings are defined at the end
of the feel file you are using. You'll see something
like:

Key Left        A       C       Scroll -10 +0
Key Right       A       C       Scroll +10 +0
Key Up          A       C       Scroll +0  -10
Key Down        A       C       Scroll +0  +10

for ctrl-arrows there. Change it or comment it out
and reload the feel file.

HTH
Albert