Re: stuff...

Alain Borel (Alain.Borel@icma.unil.ch)
Thu, 01 Apr 1999 10:49:58 +0200 (MET DST)

On 01-Apr-99 cajun wrote:
> Interesting...  No, when I reinstalled the rpm, it was from the same one
> (same download) that I had originally done.
>
> Coplan wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, cajun wrote:
>>
>> Funny...I found the same exact results...thanks for the tip.
>> Meanwhile...if this happened with two people...what happened there?  Maybe
>> they had a slight problem with their RPMs, and re-uploaded them.
>> Strange...nevertheless, thanks.
>>
>> > I got the same problem with the XKB keymap when I upgraded X from
>> > whatever comes with RH5.2 to 3.3.3.1.
>> >
>> > The problem resolved itself when I re-installed the rpm.

What happened to me once was that I had filled up the partition onto which
the compiled keymap was to be written; freeing some space on the root
partition (keymaps are written to /var/<something with X11R6> ) fixed the
problem.

E-Mail: Alain Borel <Alain.Borel@icma.unil.ch>
Date: 01-Apr-99
Time: 10:47:20