Re: Aterm catching console messages

Armando L. Caro Jr. (acaro@mail.eecis.udel.edu)
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 08:16:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, David Mihm wrote:

> The best method is to direct the AfterStep messages (not to ~/.xerrors)
> to the console as well, thusly:
> and then using the Exec line in autoexec:
>
> 	Exec  "I"  aterm -T xconsole -n xconsole -C &

Thanks for you responses, but I have been misunderstood.  Maybe I wasn't
clear in my original post.  I know how to direct the messages, but I don't
manually startx... I boot up in runlevel 5, so I use xdm.  I know how to
get an aterm up on startup, and I know how to make the aterm catch console
messages.  The problem is that if I try firing up an aterm that catches
console messages on startup, it doesn't work and the regular xconsole is
used instead.

Armando L. Caro Jr.                                  acaro@cis.udel.edu
University of Delaware                   http://www.cis.udel.edu/~acaro