Re: sound

Ewan Dunbar (northsky@ix.netcom.com)
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 13:11:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Mitchell Ullman wrote:

> Greetings,
> I have a little problem with sound in as.  There is none.  Well, not
> exactly none, per sey, as I can see and hear Real video and listen to
> cds.  But I get no midi and no little "system sounds".  I know that this
> is a bit off subject, but I know that you guys have gotten it done, so
> why not help so as will seem that much better!

If there's no MIDI, this isn't an AS issue. Make sure your kernel or
modules are configured and compiled right. Try using another program or
something. If you're using playmidi, try doing playmidi -f instead of just
playmidi.
Sounds, however, are a different story. You need to start the Audio
module and ensure that it is configured to actually do something. Modules
are generally started in your autoexec, or, if you like, from the
startmenu, though if you want it to be running all the time, this is an
inconvenience. The audio module is configured in ~/G/L/A/audio.

Ewan Dunbar               northsky@ix.netcom.com
Visit Preston Manning: Action Hero at
http://earl.thedunbars.com/pmah/index.html