Re: afterstep-digest V3 #228

Donald A. Peterson (dpeterso@neon.helios.nd.edu)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 09:11:34 -0500 (EST)

Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 12:31:53 -0500 (CDT)
From: David Mihm <davemann@ionet.net>
Subject: Re: MyStyles peeves/wishes

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Donald A. Peterson wrote:

>! [snip]  There seems to be no way to set a default font that is recognized
>! for any of these.  If there isn't a MyStyle "*PagerWhatever" in the look
>! file I get HUGE text and ugly colors.
>
>	I'm not sure what you are asking here.  I went thru all the
>default looks and added all the new relevant MyStyle additions in the
>[snip]
>	Frankly, I'm quite flabbergasted at this, because you observation
>is basically in error, sorry. :)
>
>[look.Ethan* and look.Guylhem are not corrected, I left those up to Ethan]

Well, I was flabbergasted to see this response :) so I investigated a bit
further.  I recant...slightly. Indeed what David says is right.  I had
modified a few of my favorite looks from 1.6.10 with different button
configurations.  I got those confused with the new ones...except before
sending the message I tried one that I had not modified (using the CSE
methodology of "1 is odd, 1 is prime, ergo all odds are prime") and it
happened to be an Ethan :)  Similarly, I tried a couple looks from themes
and they too did not have the new stuff (How could they?  Trying to be
compatable with 1.6.10 Styles?)

Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways!  (I'm not an idiot, I just
play one on occasion...)
Cheers,
-Don
Donald A. Peterson	| DPETERSO@DARWIN.HELIOS.ND.EDU