Re: Man Pages [was Re: Previous message...]

Coplan (coplan@thunder.ocis.temple.edu)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 01:35:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, David Mihm wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Coplan wrote:
>
> ! Please ignore my previous method...I did a man page on a remote host (our
> ! school's box), and it has a very old version of afterstep, and I was lost
> ! in the documentation.  Meanwhile, I figured it out.
>
> 	The latest stable man pages are available online and accesible via
> the AfterStep web site.  The web site has a variable plethora of
> information, and should not be dismissed without actually perusing through
> it.

Hehe....if I had known I was on a remote server, I wouldn't have been
reading their man pages.  =)  The thing is, I use aterm and plain ol'
telnet to check my e-mail on my shell account...but I was sitting at the
prompt, and did a man afterstep.  Since it gave me a man page, I thought
nothing of it.

Since then, I've changed my prompts so that they don't match.  =)

Cheers,

Coplan                                  /"\
------                                  \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Immortal Coil.Tracking                   X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
                                        / \
------
Your object is to save the world, while still leading a pleasant life.