Re: another graphic library?

Ewan Dunbar (northsky@ix.netcom.com)
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:30:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Alexy Khrabrov wrote:
> Speaking of graphic libraries, I tried to install
> quake2 rpm from ftp.idsoftware.com, but rpm
> complained that a library was missing on my RH5.2,
> saying
>
> libglide2x.so is needed by quake2-3.20-glibc-6
>
> Did anybody hear of that library and where to get
> it?

Check to make sure you don't have it first. If you do, just do --nodeps.
If you don't, well, I think it's just for GL stuff, which you don't
necessarily need. If you've got OpenGL support, get it from somewhere.
Possibly ftp.idsoftware.com. Dunno. In any case, just do --nodeps and then
do a -ql to see what it installed. There should be a non-GL binary in
there, too.

Ewan Dunbar               northsky@ix.netcom.com
Visit Preston Manning: Action Hero at
http://earl.thedunbars.com/pmah/index.html