Re: ATerm

Coplan (coplan@thunder.ocis.temple.edu)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 01:27:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, James wrote:

> how do i make an Aterm's text really big (as big as a tty's). I don't like
> having to squint at the screen... i've looked in the manpage and there's
> a -fn switch, but no explanation of the types of font or what they're
> called...

-fn will work...use fonts from xfontselect (maybe it's called xfontsel).
Great program.  If you have it and you havn't changed the default
afterstep menus, you can find it under Start|Accessories|System.  That'll
help you figure out the formatting that should look something like this:

-*-*-utopia-r-*-*-24-*-*-*... (how many stars and dashes is it anyhow?)

Meanwhile...
   I like to not bother with the whole command line stuff and slip it all
into my ~/.Xdefaults  (aterm*font:  -*-*-and-so-on-and-so-on-)

Cheers,

Coplan                                  /"\
------                                  \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Immortal Coil.Tracking                   X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
                                        / \
------
Your object is to save the world, while still leading a pleasant life.