Re: About The ATerm

Coplan (coplan@thunder.ocis.temple.edu)
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 19:50:10 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, New World Society wrote:

> I'm using aterm and it looks great whith the transparent background, but
> then i've read about the Style and set this line in file 'database':
>
> Style   "Terminal"      NoTitle, NoHandles
>
> Then this line at the 'wharf' file:
>
> *Wharf LinuxBox linux-penguin.xpm Exec "-" aterm -fn 10x20 -name
> Terminal +sb -tr &
>
> And in fact it appears transparent without Title nor Handles, at the
> begining it looks great, but when i start using it, each letter has a
> gray background so it lost all its greatness.
>
> Before the 'Style' change it doesn't happen.

My theory is that it may be conflicting with your .Xdefaults file (this in
fact did happen to me in the past).  You may want to change the title of
the aterm:

Style "NudeTerm"  NoTitle, NoHandles

*Wharf LinuxBox linux-penguin.xpm Exec "-" aterm -fn 10x20 -T NudeTerm +sb
-tr &

See if that works.  If not...you've stumped me.

Coplan                                  /"\
------                                  \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Immortal Coil.Tracking                   X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
                                        / \