Re: Why it matters what you post here

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:55:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> I can tell you why this is important.
>
> I try, to the best of my ability, to offer support on this list.

And do a good job, too!  Both you and David Mihm have done wonderful
things for AS in the way of documentation.  To most users, a program is
only as good as its documentation, so this is really important.

> I know
> that members of the development team, and several others, also do the
> same.  Most of those people are, in fact, rather better at it than I am;
> but all of us spend a considerable amount of time doing so.

Yup, Sasha, Rafal, and I all read the list.  We may not always seem like
we're listening, but we are. :)

> We, each of us, has limited time.

Very true.  I mainly ignore off-topic posts, but they still take time,
since I try to at least read every message on this list.

> My contribution to AS is insignificant; but consider that those who really
> work on the project are spending time that could be used improving AS
> reading & sometimes answering questions completely urelated to AS.

Not true, not true!  It'd be great if you had more time to work on the
FAQ, true.  But the work you've already done for AS is not insignificant,
and you continue to answer posts here.

> So, that's why it matters.

Well said.

----