Re: Curiosity about other Window Managers

Coplan (coplan@thunder.ocis.temple.edu)
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 20:01:09 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Ron McConn wrote:

> Howdy All,
>
> 	So what other window managers are worth using?  I'm using Afterstep bu
> wondered about the groups opinions/experiences with others such as MWM,
> CTWM, or Enlightenment.  I am really interested in the advantages (if any)
> of using Motif.

hehe, you're not going to get many un-biased answers on the "AfterStep
Listserv"

To be perfectly honest (And I'm trying to be as unbiased as I can), I
havn't had good experiences with Enlightenment, or WindowMaker.  I'm not
at all impressed with any of the FVWMs, or the ICEWM.  KDE has potential
(yes I know this isn't theoretically just a window-manager), but IMHO it
still leaves a lot to be desired.  KDE represents many of the reasons why
I don't use Win95 much anymore.  You just can't configure it as well.

I'm in for the long-haul with Afterstep.  Great support staff, great
advancements.  The development team is really responsive to opinions and
make decisions for the best overall window manager they can do.

Coplan                                  /"\
------                                  \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Immortal Coil.Tracking                   X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
                                        / \