Re: Documentation on writing an AS applet?

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 18:21:23 +0200

On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 09:31:48AM -0500, Dast wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Can someone point me to some documentation on how to write an applet for
> Afterstep?  Especially for someone who knows nothing about X programing?

You pinpointed the problem exactly :) All you have to
do is to learn programming for X. Any applet is just
a X11 application with a very small window. There are
(almost) no tricks to this and no magic. You just have
to learn to write an application that behaves correctly
in X windows and then you can swallow it into the Wharf.
Have a look at other people's code, applets and simply
small X applications. Try to get some tutorial or a
programming guide for Xlib library. The reference guide
to the Xlib you can find at:
http://www.tigr.net/afterstep/X/xlib/contents.html

Good luck!
Albert aka Tigr