Re: Pager starting with color...

Coplan (coplan@thunder.ocis.temple.edu)
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 18:52:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999 Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us wrote:

Oops...forgot (I did however, remember to do a descriptive title).

Anyhow, I'm useing Afterstep 1.7.94 (first four patches).  I use pager to
handle my backgrounds.  But the problem is actually in the pager's own
backgroud.  My desktop background is working perfectly fine.

> What version of AfterStep ?  *grin*
> What do you use to set background ? Pager ? asetroot ? esetroot ?
>

> >Okay, Minor problems with the pager...
> >   In my looks file I have the background of the pager to be set as
> >transparent.  When I initially load the look, it works fine.  When I
> >restart afterstep (with X still running) it again works fine.  HOWEVER,
> >whenever I leave X all-together, and then run startx from the prompt, by
> >the time that Pager comes up, it will have a grey background (which I only
> >assume is a default).  BUT, when I restart Afterstep, or reload the pager,
> >it moves back to the transparent state.  I have tried changing some of the
> >settings in my pager file, I have tried chaning settings in my look file.
> >Based on one strange theory, I have even tried adding a 'Wait "I" Pager'
> >to my autoexec file.
>
> >   Is there something that I am overlooking?  Is there anything else that
> >I can try?  It really isn't that big a deal, but it would be nice for the
> >aesthetics.
>

> >Coplan                                  /

Coplan                                  /"\
------                                  \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Immortal Coil.Tracking                   X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
                                        / \
------
Your object is to save the world, while still leading a pleasant life.