Re: 1) Identifying AS version? & 2) Gnome and AS?

David Mihm (davemann@ionet.net)
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 23:53:33 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Ron McConn wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>	I have two questions.
>
>	First, what is an easy way to tell which version of AS that I am running?
>I think I'm running 1.7.90 but I'm not absolutely sure.  I need this
>version to run Gnome.
>
>	Secondly, is there a trick to running Gnome and AS?  I have done as the
>install instructions say by putting the exec call into my Xsession file
>(also been put in xinitrc and Xclients) but it doesn't start.  I think I
>need to put the path for Gnome in my path call but I'm not sure where it
>installed.  So the real question is what's the path and where does it go?

	This is a big slap in the face to the people that spend time
writing documentaion.  I debated responding to this mail, but I proke
down.  The afterstep man page is on your machine, and on the web site.
The 9th line from the top of the afterstep man page is:
	[-v | --version] [-c | --config]
although it might take some type of reading level acheived as well as an
small understanding of the English language; it is rather clear.

	Information for getting Gnome working with AfterStep is also
available on the web site, and has been updated 3 times since the move to
100% Gnome compliance.  It is now rather straight forward in prescribing
the requirements and describing the steps to acheive a Gnome environment
in AfterStep.

	If for some reason this information that is provided is lacking in
some way, only by contacting the author of said information and reporting
such, will the information become clearer.

	Thanks for YOUR time.