Re: Pager starting with color...

Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 08:27:41 -0500

>On Mon, 26 Apr 1999 Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us wrote:

>Oops...forgot (I did however, remember to do a descriptive title).
:)

>Anyhow, I'm useing Afterstep 1.7.94 (first four patches).  I use pager to
>handle my backgrounds.  But the problem is actually in the pager's own
>backgroud.  My desktop background is working perfectly fine.
When you use transparency in Pager it uses some complicated technics
to cut a piece out of your root background and use it as it's own background,
so it's dependant on what application is setting root background.
Try adding :

*PagerSetRootOnStartup

to your pager file and see if it helps.
This sort of thing might not be working properly, cos I'm yet to finish rewrite
of Pager, which hopefully will be completed untill 1.8 comes out *grin*.

Let me know if it does not work.
Also your .xinitrc and autoexec would be helpfull to see.

Sasha