Re: 1) Identifying AS version? & 2) Gnome and AS?

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:23:46 +0200

On Tue, Apr 27, 1999 at 02:25:52PM +0100, James wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, cajun wrote:
>
> # FWIW - When I do a 'man afterstep' I see a man page for AS ver 1.4.
> # When I do a 'afterstep --version' I get version 1.6.10.  So in this
> # case, MY manpage is not up-to-date with the release of AS that I'm
> # using.  No, I have not a clue why not, I just found this out prior to
>
> or the manpage hasn't changed, or you forgot to do 'make install.man' or
> whatever you do...

I think in the later versions manpages are installed
automatically when you do make install. You should
watch for the errors though and check that
/usr/local/man directory exists.

I think the problem here is that earlier versions of
AS installed into /usr/X11R6 and now they install in
/usr/local. You probably cleaned up your /usr/X11R6/bin
from the old executables produced by installation of
earlier versions of AS. You have to do the same cleanup
for the /usr/X11R6/man/man1 directory. I think you
simply have old manpages hanging around there and they
get picked up first before the manpages from the
/usr/local/man/man1 directory.

HTH
Albert